Friday, December 08, 2006

My new Job

If I have not shared thenews with you, I am sorry. I have found a new job. I am a banker at an up Valley bank. Honestly, when I took the job I was not thrilled. Ive done banking before and hated it so much, I quit after just over a month. Why on earth would i take yet another banking job then? Well the pay is pretty good, not fantastic great, but good. And, I was so ready to leave my other job, I was thrilled to just get something with "regular" hours and better pay. Because its up Valley, it is closed on Saturdays. Very cool! I get weekends off! I sleep in until 630 or 7ooam! My old job, I was up at 4am! Sometimes I was working until 4am and beyond. I was at work ALL THE TIME! This job will allow me to seek out some sort of life!

I have just completed my first week at the new job. I went into it with EXTREMELY LOW expectations. The last bank I was in was horrid! The job was boring, and the people I worked with were complete assholes! The people at this place are actually nice. They have that thing, uhm, whats it called, oh A SENSE OF HUMOR! I hope this will be a job that I can make a somewhat peacefull living out of.

Joke I found for you all, enjoy!
Tickle Me ElmoThere is a factory in Northern Minnesota which makes the Tickle Me Elmo toys.The toy laughs when you tickle it under the arms.Well, Lena is hired at The Tickle Me Elmo factory and she reports for her first day promptly at 8:00 AMThe next day at 8:45 AM there is a knock at the Personnel Manager's door.The Foreman throws open the door and begins to rant about the new employee.He complains that she is incredibly slow and the whole line is backing up, putting the entire production line behind schedule.The Personnel Manager decides he should see this for himself, so the 2 men march down to the factory floor.When they get there the line is so backed up that there are Tickle Me Elmo's all over the factory floor and they're really beginning to pile up.At the end of the line stands Lena surrounded by mountains of Tickle Me Elmo's.She has a roll of plush red fabric and a huge bag of small marbles.The 2 men watch in amazement as she cuts a little piece of fabric, wraps it around two marbles and begins to carefully sew the little package between Elmo's legs.The Personnel Manager bursts into laughter. After several minutes of hysterics he pulls himself together and approaches Lena "I'm sorry," he says to her, barely able to keep a straight face,"but I think you misunderstood the instructions I gave you yesterday...""Your job is to give Elmo two test tickles.Not 2 Testicles

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG
the joke is great!!

congrats on your new job,,,i hope you get to have lots of fun with the funny money people

Karin said...

I love the joke. You would so put testicles on Elmo. I love that you have weekends off now, maybe I will actually get to see you once in awhile.

Disneysue said...

Yeah! I can actually run away for a weekend!

Jenn said...

Now you just have to wait on that hot bank customer and you are good to go!! :o)

Good for you and your new job. It was about time you had some brightness in the employment department!