Saturday, January 13, 2007

Wedding Day Bliss?

Last weekend I was a witness to my little cousin (little C is now in his mid 20's) marry his long time girlfriend J. No its not short for anything its just J. This was probably the most no frills wedding day I have ever been to. The cerimony was in a tiny church, the reception was next door in a tiny church hall with little to no decorations of any kind. Your typical white linens, white plates, and for center pieces, cookie bouquets. No fuss, no muss, and nearly no first dance. They were pressured into it by my other cousin big I. They danced for all of 30 seconds before they quickly parted. I dont recall seeing the bride smile or laugh too much either. That struck me as odd, but whatever. My best friend, when everything that could possible go wrong did go wrong, still managed to have the best day of her life, laughed, danced, partied to the wee hours of 10pm (beacuse after that the fuzz woulda showed up......again) isnt that what a wedding day is about? Joy? I honestly didnt see true joy, but maybe they are the type to sort of burry their joy? I dont know. But I do know that I managed to capture the picture of the day! Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hmmm, that is certainly all very odd? she looks way older than him.

Disneysue said...

Shes not way older than him. Im not sure of her age, but I do know shes either the same age or only seperated by a couple years at most.